HVAC Energy Savings Agreement
Maintenance Agreements Are Cool
Carolina Cool has your home comfort in mind. We offer one of the most comprehensive maintenance plans available anywhere. Choose maintenance agreement combinations for your home. Click here now to see how you can save money with our specialized maintenance plans.
28-point inspection (two times per year)
- Verify operation of thermostat. Calibrate as needed.
- Wash or replace standard filters.
- Cycle unit on; check temperature and humidity at return grilles.
- Check voltage to indoor unit and amperage of blower.
- Check indoor fan for proper clearance, balance and cleanliness.
- Check operation of strip heaters. Test safeties.
- Check temperature rise of electric heat.
- Check airflow of air handler by temperature rise chart.
- Check temperature at supply and return plenums.
- Test emergency pan switch. Adjust as needed.
- Check condition of all accessible ductwork. Note any leaks/concerns.
- Clean drain pan, add algaecide and verify proper drainage.
- Inspect entire condensate drain and clear trap with shop vacuum.
- Check voltage to outdoor unit.
- Check condenser for visible signs of oil.
- Check outdoor fan amps.
- Oil outdoor fan, check for proper clearance and balance.
- Check refrigeration levels for proper charge, as needed.
- Check delta temperature across outdoor coil.
- Check compressor amps, Run/Start/Common.
- Take amperage reading of crank case heater.
- Check for proper defrost operation. Note time setting.
- Check condition of wiring at indoor and outdoor unit.
- Tighten all electrical connections.
- Inspect all contactors for integrity and proper operation.
- Wash outdoor coil, as needed.
- Wax outdoor unit. One time per year.
- Cycle test operation of system.
Customer Add-Ons (prices listed below)
Duct Cleaning Procedure - Call For Pricing
- Hook up 8’ machine hose to main trunk line.
- Separate main trunk from HVAC system with an inflatable bag.
- Remove all registers to be cleaned.
- Clean each supply with forward/reverse action of compressed controlled airflow, forcing all debris into main trunk line.
- Clean main trunk line of all debris.
- Do visual inspection through 8” hole.
- Turn system on to check for blowback.
- Seal opening with mastic and tape.
- Re-install all cleaned registers.
- Clean return plenum and return grille.
- Treat with Antimicrobial.
Home Generator (1 visit per year) - $280.00
- Annual maintenance pre-start cycle.
- Check engine fluid levels and condition of fluid.
- Check fuel line filter. Drain as needed.
- Check fuel lines, clamps and connections for wear.
- Check battery charger for proper operation.
- Check for corrosion. Clean and treat if necessary.
- Check battery water for proper level and specific gravity.
- Check spark plugs and spark plug wires for wear.
- Engine running checks.
- Check battery charge.
- Check ignition system for wear and proper operation.
- Check propane pre-heat system for proper operation of connections.
- Check engine governor for proper operation.
- Check fluid levels. Adjust as needed.
- Change oil and oil filters.
- Check fuel filters. Prime fuel system.