Hot Water Heaters
Recent changes in energy standards for hot water heaters have many homeowners scratching their heads. Heating water comprises approximately 20% of a home’s energy cost. The new April 2015 standards in the National Appliance and Energy Conservation Act (NAECA) increased the Energy Factor (EF) ratings water heater manufacturers are required to meet. Manufacturers had to make significant design changes to meet the new standards. The new regulations do make hot water heaters more energy-efficient, however, the design changes increased prices and increased the tank size. The size increase is largely due to an increase in the insulation surrounding the tank, making the new water heaters 1-3 inches taller and 2-4 inches larger in diameter.
Of course, traditional storage tank-style water heaters are not the only option available. More people are considering tankless or on-demand hot water heaters and hybrid water heater systems that work with a heat pump to help heat water. Traditional and hybrid hot water heaters typically last 10 to 15 years with proper maintenance and service, while tankless water heaters can last 20 years or more with proper maintenance.
Not every hot water heater issue requires replacing the unit. If your water heater has a leak – particularly near the base, or doesn’t work at all, then replacement is a strong possibility. However, there are plenty of water heater repairs that can be repaired without a big expense. Common issues like faulty thermostat, leaking pressure-relief valve, leaking pipes or water supply lines, leaks near fittings and defective heating elements are all repairs that your Carolina Cool plumbing experts can perform. Whether you need water heater replacement or repair, we offer:
- Myrtle Beach Plumbers for All Types of Homes and Businesses
- Expert Hot Water Heater Replacement Advice
- Service & Installation on All Makes & Models of Water Heaters
- Reliable, Same Day, 24-7 Emergency Service
- Serving the Grand Strand for Nearly 25 Years
- Design/Build Construction Services from Foundation to Fixtures
- Hot Water Heater Repair Service
- Ultrasound Leak Detection Services
- Hot Water Circulation Systems
- Disposal Service
- Factory-Trained & Certified Technicians
- Stress-Free Service Agreements to Save You Money
Don’t let water heater problems leave you cold! Carolina Cool’s water heater professionals will have you back in hot water in no time. Call us today at (843) 213-2050!