Flooding impacts on HVAC | South Carolina

Resources & Help After Flooding

On top of an overwhelming personal situation, sifting through the agencies available in the recovery process can be daunting. Below is a list to assist you in making sense of some of it.

At Carolina Cool we are your neighbors. Like you, we live in this community and understand your concerns. We have done our best for this community since 1985 and will continue to do so. We know you will have questions and concerns regarding your mechanical systems, and the potential for mold growth. Call us at 843-213-2050 and we will do our best to assist.

Neighbor helping neighbor…Now That’s Cool!

Local Information:

The Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce, The North Myrtle Beach Chamber of Commerce, The Conway Chamber of Commerce and the Georgetown County Chamber of Commerce, as well as Horry County, The City of Conway, and Georgetown County websites all have a wealth of information and links to sources of federal and state assistance as well as local agencies.

Horry County: https://www.horrycounty.org/

Georgetown County: http://www.georgetowncountysc.org/building/default.html

Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce: https://www.myrtlebeachareachamber.com/member/hurricane/updates.html

Georgetown County Chamber of Commerce: http://www.visitgeorge.com/

North Myrtle Beach Chamber of Commerce: https://www.northmyrtlebeachchamber.com/blog/hurricane-florence-membership-updates/

City of Conway http://www.cityofconway.com/

First and Foremost:

Your first step should be to check out South Carolina Emergency Management Division “Recovery Programs” page at https://www.scemd.org/recover/ . It has links to information regarding Individual, Public and Business assistance.

(The following is from their site)

Federal Emergency Management Agency: FEMA’s Individual Assistance Program directs funds through the Individual and Household Program (IHP).

Home Physical Disaster Loans: Homeowners and renters may apply for this loan to repair or replace real estate and/or personal property damaged by a disaster.

Business Physical Disaster Loans: Businesses of any size may apply for this loan to repair or replace property owned by the business that was damaged by a disaster.

Housing Assistance: For the many who are (or will soon be) displaced from their homes, housing assistance is available for home repair or temporary housing. Qualified applicants must be uninsured or under-insured.

Federal recovery funds may also be available for medical, dental, or funeral expenses caused by the disaster. You can also recoup expenses for moving, storage and transportation resulting from the disaster. For these, you’ll need to submit an application with the Small Business Administration (SBA).

This information is from FEMA and found on https://www.fema.gov/nfip-file-your-claim  

DETERMINE YOUR FLOOD LOSS AND REPORT YOUR CLAIM: Once it’s deemed safe by local officials, and you ensured the gas and electricity lines have been turned off, examine your property to determine if there is flood damage. If there is, contact your agent or insurance company to start your flood insurance claim and ask for an Advance Payment to help you begin recovering.

START CLEANING UP, BUT DOCUMENT YOUR DAMAGE FIRST: Be sure to document your flood loss using photos and videos before you start cleaning up your home. Please keep in mind that as a FEMA flood insurance policyholder, it is your responsibility to minimize the growth and spread of mold as much as possible. Learn more about the Guidelines for Flood Clean Up for NFIP Policyholders.

FILE FOR FEDERAL DISASTER ASSISTANCE: If there is a Presidential Disaster Declaration, file for FEMA assistance too because you may be eligible for additional funds to help with things like temporary housing. Read more about why it can be beneficial to register for federal disaster assistance from FEMA (Read Register for Federal Disaster Assistance, below).

Top Resources for Getting Information and Filing Claims

Disaster Assistance Application Site: https://www.disasterassistance.gov/ is where you can find, apply, and check the status of your assistance. This takes you through to https://www.fema.gov/nfip-file-your-claim

FEMA Helpline: Contact FEMA by toll-free phone, internet help desk, or through a local disaster recovery center located through their website. If you are struggling with the recovery process, this is what this help center is for.

For more information on Flooding Impact on HVAC, please download information from Carrier here.