Cool Ways to Cut Energy Costs
These days, homeowners are more likely to downsize than ever before. Why is that? Energy costs are a huge reason. Paying more for the power bill while living in a 4,000+ square-foot home, may have you making more of a payment than you paid for your previous house payment in a smaller dwelling. If you are like a lot of people, you might decide it’s time to take your checkbook and move on. In 2014, you see so many people looking to live green, reduce their energy consumption and waste, and live in micro-houses! Have you seen these mini masterpieces on social media sites? They are pretty cool. However, downsizing isn’t the only option.
Here are ways to stay cool while, at the same time, chillin’ on the power bill.
• Shade your home, inside and out, with blinds, shades and curtains on the windows and trees, vines and trellises around the outside to block the sun.
• Install a programmable or smart thermostat and set your home’s temperature four to eight degrees warmer when you’re away. Use ceiling fans to stay cool.
• Change or clean HVAC filters monthly especially if you have shedding pets.
• Check ductwork to assure it is fastened and with no leaks so you’re not cooling the attic or underside of the house. During winter, we watched TV wrapped in blankets for weeks before we realized the cold air coming through the vent was the result of disconnected ductwork.
• Call Carolina Cool to check your unit for efficiency and for a tune up and clean up. When it’s time, replace your old HVAC system with a more efficient model and you’ll likely cut energy costs by 30 to 50 percent. We have great Carrier Cool Cash Fall incentives on Carrier HVAC systems, so ask us how we can help you!
Commercial buildings in Myrtle Beach, in particular churches, are faced with unique HVAC needs. Large areas need to be kept cool due to the amount of people in them while administrative and school areas need to be cool or heated depending on the time of year. In addition, in many older structures, older HVAC systems are not able to keep up with the comfort levels and energy efficiency required today. Low sound levels and high indoor air quality are also factors in a place of worship and learning. Installations usually need to take place on a tight schedule and planned around the services and school schedules of the institution so as not to be a disruptive presence.
Let’s take a look at a Carrier Case Study:
First Baptist Church of Hamilton Park was faced with such a problem. The solution their contractor decided upon was Carrier’s AERO air handler to meet these requirements by delivering superior acoustics and standard features that include HEPA filters and UV-C germicidal lamps. The AERO air handler’s construction also allowed for the small space allocated for installation. Easy servicing was another reason for selection of the AERO units. Their unique structural frame allows easy and safe removal of all access panels. The appliance-quality finish, with no exposed edges, also contributed to safe handling for installers and service technicians.
The contractor, while fully understanding the goals and expectations of the client, worked closely with Carrier to ensure that AERO units were designed, manufactured and delivered on time.
Carolina Cool, your Commercial HVAC Myrtle Beach specialist, will work with your organization to find the best Commercial HVAC solution for your specific commercial project needs. Call (843) 213-2050 to schedule a consultation.
Source – http://dms.hvacpartners.com/docs/1001/Public/00/CASESTUDY43.pdf