This summer has been hot, hot, hot! Hey y’all, it’s Cool Cat swinging by to give you all the deets to save money on your summer cooling costs. Saving money on your cooling costs might sound like a tough thing but there are a bunch of small things you can do to keep more cabbage in your wallet this summer. Let’s take a look!
1. Keep blinds closed – Reflect heat and the sun’s warming rays back outside by keeping your blinds closed during the day. As much as 30% of the heat in your home can come in through your windows. Block it out with your blinds.
2. Install a duct booster fan – If you have a room that just seems warmer than the rest, try a duct booster fan to bring more cooooooool air into that warm room. They are easy to install right in your regular register and give a great boost of cooling to the room.
3. Run your ceiling fans – Using your ceiling fan can make your space feel up to 4 degrees cooler! That means you can bump up the temp on your thermostat while still staying cool and comfortable in your home.
4. Install heat-reducing window films – Heat reducing window films can reflect out 90% or more of the warming rays from the sun. This means that infrared heat never makes it through your window and into your home. An added bonus – most of these films are reflective and provide privacy as well.
5. Use a programmable thermostat – Set your thermostat to a warmer temperature while you’re away at work each day and program it to cool down by the time you arrive home. You don’t sacrifice any comfort but you can save some serious bucks on your utility bill.
6. Install a ductless unit – If you have a room that is just always too warm or a room that ductwork doesn’t reach, a ductless unit can help. A compact and quiet cooling unit that is energy efficient cools your space without breaking the bank.
7. Cook outside more – Put your grill or outdoor kitchen to use more often to cook your meals. You’ll prevent warming up your house with cooking heat and save money on your electric bill at the same time. Plus, grilled food is tasty and has easy clean-up.
8. Keep inside doors open – Part of great cooling is airflow. Keep interior doors open to allow air to flow throughout your house and keep every room cooooooool!
These tips will help you keep your summer cooling costs under control. Even though we’ve got several more weeks of these super hot temps, you can still save money on your cooling costs yet this summer. For more advice, call the cats at Carolina Cool. They’re your go-to experts in everything cooooool!