As we go into the coldest winter months in Myrtle Beach, HVAC maintenance is an important topic when it comes to breathing good, clean indoor air. Your air filters are a crucial part of the longevity of your HVAC system as well as your indoor air quality. You must ask yourself…. would you rather BE a filter or would you rather BUY a filter? Of course, you would rather not be the filter, so air filter selection is very important. Carolina Cool, your Angie’s List Super Service 2013 Award Winner, carries a full line of top-of-the-line air filters, designed to extend the life of your HVAC system, and keep you breathing clean indoor air. And, to keep your indoor air as fresh as it can be, we recommend these helpful tips:
- Keep humidy at bay by running bathroom exhaust fans, making sure ductwork is sealed properly (we can inspect that for you), and make sure your hvac unit is properly maintained to prevent leaks and condensation.
- Change air filters regularly (at least each quarter) and use the highest quality filters (We can direct you on which filter are best for your hvac system)
- Limit your use of candles, insense, air fresheners
- Ban indoor smoking
- Occasionally air your house out on mild weather days where pollen counts are low
- Install carbon monoxide detectors in your home
- Erradicate any mold and mildew
- Maintain regular pest control
For a free indoor air quality analysis or information on the best air filters to use in your home, call Carolina Cool at (843) 213-2050!